Friday, September 19, 2014

Shutting The Door

Much has been going on in my life of late. Decisions have been made that affect the PUPS and me. Today, in the best long term interest of all concerned, a "door" was shut. For the longest time it seemed we were headed down a dead-end road, for nothing changes if nothing changes. Happiness is a choice. The definition of insanity is "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results."




Maybe there are dark days before there will be light. Our hearts are heavy.


For the past three week I have been taking a class at church:
 "What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage".

In this class I learned to guard my heart as it is suggested in Proverbs 4:23, "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."



Doors were shut.






So tonight we find ourselves at a fork in the road. Which PATH do the PUPS and I take? The paved or easy PATH to the right or the rocky PATH to the left? Change is scary for all concerned.


Seems we have been living in the "weeds" for a long time. But, if I look close I can see beauty.







I believe that there is beauty to be found no matter which PATH we choose along the highways of life. I applaud anyone who has the courage to face their demons alone. Scary dangerous moments when tough decisions are being made are also times of opportunity. 

The test of a good relationship is can one express their emotions in a healthy and honest manner and be heard. Can both parties in the relationship be an investor in the relationship instead of just a consumer. 

Good relationships start with each person being an honest and good friend first and understanding that what comes out of us is what was already inside our hearts. It is not about the other person. We can only change ourselves, we cannot change the other person. The heart is the casual source of your person-hood - the source of your thoughts, feelings, desires, and motivations.

Today was tough but on our walk later in the afternoon I made an effort to see beauty and be thankful...








































I close this post with some sadness and a feeling of loss. But I remain hopeful and optimistic. Just as the flowers that I enjoyed for the past month are starting to fade and die I remind myself that new beauty will come in the Spring. I just have to patient and continue on my search and remember that life is a journey and not a destination. This too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment