Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Moon Flower! Moonflower!

Cat Stevens, now known as Yusuf Islam, was my favorite artist in the 70's. His song "Moon Shadow" is one of my all time favorites. "Morning Is Broken" is probably my all time favorite. Carlos Santana did a rock album "Moon Flower" in 1977 and The Underneath did a rock album "Moonflower" in 1983. 

My dear friend Sarah sent me an email recently and asked if during my travels had I by chance seen a moon flower. I told her I had in fact and thought I knew where one was near the PUPS and my current PATH. So, late last evening as the sun was setting the PUPS and I went on an adventure...


Above is a Moon Flower 
and below is a flower shot in the moonlight!!








There are two PUPPY PATHS' posts, August 11, 2013 "Moon Flower Trumpets @ Night" and August 9, 2013 "Moon Flower Trumpets + A Few Others" that one might like to view.


Below are three shots taken at night on August 6, 2013... 


Datura is a genus of nine species of poisonous vespetine flowering plants belonging to the family Solanaceae. They are known as angel's trumpets, sometimes commonly called moonflowers. Datura belongs to the classic "witches's weeds", along with deadly nightshade, henbane, and mandrake. Most parts of the plants are toxic, and datura has a long history of use for causing delirious states and death. It was well known as an essential ingredient of potions and witches' brews.                       Wikipedia




Since the PUPS and I were out with the Nikon I couldn't resist searching for some yellow gold beauties still in bloom...




















FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment