Monday, July 22, 2013

GIANTS!!!

Nothing changes if nothing changes I have been told a time or two. So today, I got up early and went to see my parents before 8 AM. I wanted to meet with one of the doctors and I was told rounds start around 8. I found my father to be in a little better place; but, my mother is losing the ability to hold her head up. I am told that this often comes with Alzheimer's as the disease progresses.

My father and I met with the doctor and the head nurse and the meeting went well. It was after the meeting I decided to change our normal course of action. My father actually ate half of his breakfast and afterwards we walked the halls. Then, I pushed my mother in her wheelchair and he followed with his walker and, along with Doodlebug, we went outside...

 
If you look through the opening of the trash can you can see a little red flower...
 










 

My father has not left his room except to go to physical therapy in the same building since June 23. My mother had not been outside in a year. I think they both enjoyed going to see the flowers. We took my mother back to their room . Then, I asked my father if he wanted to take a ride in the car and he eagerly agreed.

On the way over to visit them I had taken a different route and I spied some giants flowers. AND you know me...








































































It turned out to be a much better morning than my father ever imagined!!

God gives the gift of nature's beauty if one will only take the time and effort to find it... 

There is more than one way to make lemonade out of life's sour lemons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment