Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Abernethy Laurels Memorial Gardens Revisited

My parents are at Abernethy Laurels Continuing Care Retirement Facility in Newton, North Carolina. Evin and I visit almost every day. My mother has Alzheimer's and my father recently had surgery for colon cancer. Getting older is though, or as I often say, "Getting old is not for sissies!" Most days I go visit the Memorial Gardens at Abernethy Laurels. My mother loves flowers and I share that love with her. I take her photos often. It is a quiet place to reflect and where I find peace...




It is here that I visit the calla lilies. I continue to take photos in hopes of improving on previous shots. I never know what the light will be like, or if I can find a better angle to shoot from, or if there will be a new blossom...







































No comments:

Post a Comment