Sunday, June 28, 2015

Red River Art & Wine Festival

The Enchanted Circle weekend of June 19 thru Junes 21 was very busy to say the least. I have already posted "BALLOONS OVER ANGEL FIRE" and "Chile Challenge Pro-GRT Mountain Bike Race @ Angel Fire"

Eagle Nest had scheduled a Rib Cook Off and a "Nashville to New Mexico" concert. Thunderstorms impacted some of the festivities. There was so much to see and do that Evin and I could not do it all.


Evin and I did make it a point to drive over to Red River to see our new friends Burke and Sue Burns. Burke is a water-colorist that has studios in Texas and New Mexico. On this afternoon, Burke was working "en plein air" in Red River's Brandenburg Park.





Robert Burke Burns 
Artist & Arthur




Above and below are two of my favorites of Burke's paintings that Sue had on display.



Sue's beautiful smile and jewelry!!
Can you tell that Sue is proud of her hubby, Burke?!?!?



ART, MUSIC & FOOD combined with a beautiful scenery and perfect weather!! Who could ask for anything more?!?!?! 
RED RIVER knows how to put on an event!!








I also really appreciated Cheyenne Rouse's Photography. In fact, I almost bought one of her pieces that was on display. I would have taken photos of her art but she had signs: 


"NO PHOTOGRAPHS"!!

Cheyenne would not share where she took the photos either other than identifying the state. So, I didn't buy and I didn't take any photos for you followers to view. You will have to go to Cheyenne's website. Trust me, she's a very accomplished artist with some great subjects.






Ron Weathers graciously allowed me to take a photograph of him and his art. If had a wall in our motorhome to hang his "Big Horn Sheep" photograph, I would have bought it.















Artist brothers, Mike & Stephen McCullough

Can you tell I really appreciate Mike's art?!?!? I was not the only one as Mike won the Red River Festival's "People's Choice Award"!!


I also enjoyed Stephen's art as well as is shown above and below.



Mike & Stephen had a lot of admirers stop by their exhibit.






Fritz Davis & one of his "getting BIGGER" fans, me!!

One of the locals favorite Enchanted Circle entertainers is singer/songwriter Fritz Davis. Fritz took time between sets to pose with me and show off his neat tropical shirt. Fritz can be reached @ (575) 770-2231 or fritz-davis@fritz-davis.com for bookings. Notice I cropped Evin's photo of Fritz and me so you couldn't see our stomachs!! Below I explain why!!

Just in case regular followers of PUPPY PATHS are wondering where we ate. We ate lunch at Shotgun Willie's because I had not tried Steve's "Award Winning Breakfast Burrito" and Evin had his loaded potato with beef brisket. Both were great. Since Shotgun Willie's doesn't do desserts (yet!!), Evin and I went to Mountain Treasures and had Paula's home baked cookies and her great smoothies!! They are made without milk. I had peach this time instead of my usual strawberry-banana. Tasted her homemade soups.



Evin and I also got to visit with Miles Coleman at the Red River Visitor Center. We always try to stop at visitor centers in our travels. Miles is the nicest and most helpful visitor center employee to date, in any of the 40 or more states we have visited during our travels. He took time to tell us of special places within the Enchanted Circle and around Red River that we would never had found on our own.

RED RIVER put on a great 
ART & WINE FESTIVAL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment