Sunday, June 21, 2015

BALLOONS OVER ANGEL FIRE!!




There has been so much to do in Angel Fire this weekend that Evin and I have constantly been on the go. Plus, Red River had an Art & Wine Festival. Live music and great food were in both villages on the Enchanted Circle. I imagine there were also special events in Taos. 

There was so much to see and do in the area that Mike Hess, Chief Marketing Office at Angel Fire Resort, asked Evin and me to take photos of BALLOONS OVER ANGEL FIRE.  His staff video/photographers were covering the Chile Challenge Pro-GRT Mountain Bike Race at the Angel Resort ski lift. 

If you are a regular follower  of PUPPY PATHS you know that Mike didn't have to twist our arms too hard. We hope to take some of our own shots of the mountain bike race. But, back to the hot air balloons.


Evin had experienced hot air balloon events several times. She had worked on balloon chase teams and ridden in balloons. Balloons Over Angel Fire was my first hot air balloon photos shoot. 



Jim Merritt, Angel Fire Resort's Video Media Producer, only instruction to me was when possible please have Angel Fire Resort's ski mountain in the background. I voiced my concern that there would be sun and shadow issues as hot air balloon events start soon after sunrise and the mountain was to the south. What follows is my trial and error attempt to shoot two mornings of the three day event. 


I was amazed at the coordinated efforts of the balloon teams. The RE/MAX team's balloon was the first in the air each day. They were up and away and didn't make many of the group flight shots.








Note the hot air balloon on Angel Fire local realtor Rogers Lanon's business card. Rogers and another local realtor have been very helpful to Evin and me during time in Angel Fire and the Enchanted Circle. Rogers told us about ENCHANTED CIRCLE POTTERY.

































































I'll end this post with my customary flower shot of the day and a balloon photo with some wild irises. 


The above photo was taken at a local business not too far from Angel Fire Resort just a little south of the balloon field.



NOT FINI


Want to post a link to a great time-lapsed video shot by Jim Merritt of the balloons taking off. So,

CHECK BACK to this post. Trust me, Jim's work is worth it. It made the television news in Albuquerque. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous pictures! You can tell you have a real talent for photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. You made a kind comment on an earlier post and somehow I lost it. Again, thank you. Your words keep me taking photos and posting them.

      Delete
    2. Hi again Debbie. I looked at your blog, "Down The Road" and to your post of the Lost Dutchman State Park. You have taken some photos that are very similar to one I took in two February post, "Been Busy!!" and "Superstition Mountains". It seems that we see shots in a similar way in relation to angles.

      Delete
  2. Steve, great shots and what a beautiful location. That area should be on everyone's bucket list. It's been a few years since we've been there and it looks like we'll have to head the bus that way again. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey "Big Steve"! Thanks. I remember you told us to visit the Vietnam Veterans Memorial when we came to this area. I can almost see it out my windshield. There is so much to see and do here. Plus, what you and I like the most, great food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no need to say "trial and error attempt" these are fan-dam-tastic shots of a balloon festival. The colors are fabulous. the composition wonderful. Just thrilling. You are a great photographer, Steve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Try as I could there was no way to get the sun to my back and have the ski mountain in the background. Guess if I had PHOTOSHOP I could have done that. I learned a lot but did not enjoy getting up at 5:30 AM.

      Delete