Monday, April 1, 2013

Diana's Ranch House Motel's Flowers & San Pablo Catholic Church's Flowers

Today, Evin and I rode around Sombrero Beach and vicinity looking for another PLUMERIA shrub or small tree. We saw several in peoples' yards. None were close to the road to photograph. Finally, I spied one at the Ranch House Motel. We stopped and met the owner, Diana. She was very gracious and told me that "Frangipani" is what the locals call the plumeria. She also told me that she had a orchid or two and a lily that I might like to photograph.

First Diana showed me her pride and joy orchid...
 


 
 
 
 
 
...and then the plumeria or...
 
 "FRANGIPANI"
 


 
It was mid-afternoon and I asked Diana if we could come back a little later because the sun was so bright. I wanted to get an umbrella and a green backdrop. Diana said, "Sure." As we started to leave she showed me another orchid and a couple more of her flowers...
 




 


 
 


 
The lily had a visitor that Evin noticed...
 
 
 
So we leave for now and on our way back to Knights Key we take a slight detour and visit San Pablo Catholic Church's garden...
 






















 





Evin and I returned to Ranch House Motel around 6:30 PM with the umbrella and a green backdrop and sought out to see if we could get the plumeria shot or shots we were looking for...


 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 


 
 
 
 


After we finished shooting the plumeria we finished our outing by going to the Old 7 Mile Bridge for sunset...



 
...where clouds got a little in the way of sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment