Friday, August 21, 2015

Distraction!!



Don't know how long if will take, if ever, to feel normal again without Doodlebug in my life. So, yesterday, Evin, Eddie, Bumble and I took a road trip for some "distraction". Above and below I share with you what gave me a little peace.




























As I was taking shots of the above flowers a jeep pulls over and the driver says, "Those are some beautiful flowers aren't they?" I agree and we began talking about the beauty of Nature and I tell him about trying to distract myself from the grief I feel over our loss of Doodlebug. 

The stranger then recites a wonderful poem answering the question that I have been asking myself, "Will I see Doodlebug in Heaven?" Turns out that the stranger was writer Doug Foshee, the author of Cowboy Heart, Soul and Humor. The answer in the poem was "YES" if a pet is loved the way we loved Doodle. God gives those pets a soul. I felt much peace after hearing the reassurance of Doug's poem. God does work in mysterious ways.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. I've been catching up on blogs that I've missed for a few weeks. The flowers are very pretty. I can see why they were a much needed distraction. How wonderful to run into a special soul when you needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Debbie. Doodlebug was a special little girl and I was very blessed to have had her in my life. Thank you for your comments.

      Steve

      Delete
  2. It was good talking with you yesterday. Hang in there. Time does not heal, but it does help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images are amazing. Composition is natural and instinctive for you. I cried at the words of this post. I am going to read that poem now.take care, little family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind support in this tough time.

      Delete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful and I can understand how they could be a distraction. You are right -- God does work in mysterious ways. How amazing to meet someone new and be given a wonderful gift in the form of a poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, meeting Doug was special and calming.

      Delete