Thursday, September 20, 2012

MONASTERY of CHRIST in the DESERT

On one of our trips in and around Abiquiu we saw a road sign that said Monastery Road; but, because it was dirt we at first decided not to go. After all, it was hot and dry and there would be lots of dust. Well, I got a comment on my July 2, 2012  post, "New Mexico photos of Georgia O'Keeffe country", from Gail Houle of the Gypsy Turtles blog and an RV-Dreams member encouraging us to take the drive on the dead end dirt road...

 
The road ends at the monastery; but, I am getting ahead of myself. So let me start at the beginning of the road...
 
 
A little vanilla at the start...
 
 
View to our left...
 
 
View to our right...
 
 
View straight ahead.
 
 
Bill, I just had to stop and take a walk in the desert and find a flower photo opportunity!!
 
 
 



Soon we were running beside the Rio Chama. It is a main tributary river of the Rio Grande.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We've come up against a stone wall. Time to take a break...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment