Sunday, April 19, 2015

From Zion to Bryce Canyon National Parks


In the late 1980's my children, my parents and I flew to Colorado and rented a Plymouth van and drove out to both Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks. We did a whirlwind tour of the area and only a day or two in each National Park.

The PUPS, Evin and I are now retracing that PATH. Twenty-five later I have come to realize that I don't remember a lot of what we saw. In busy times both parks use a shuttle system for moving the masses through these very popular parks. So, I decided to take a lot of photos of our drive out of Zion and what caught our attention of the way to Bryce Canyon. 

From campsite at Zion Canyon Campground and RV Park in Springdale to our campsite at Ruby's RV Park & Campground in Bryce Canyon City, Utah is 83.7 miles of constantly changing scenery. There are deep canyons, mountains and flat lands. I want to remember our journey this time, so I took a lot of photos. I am going to use smaller photos so click on any photo if you wish to see a larger view of the scene...






Above is he highway median where I shot the photos of the scarlet claret cup hedgehog cactus.



As earlier mentioned the parks are so popular that during busy times the tourist have to be transported in shuttle vans to the popular spots in the parks.



































This is where we had to spend the night because we could not go through the 1.1 mile tunnel without the opposite bound traffic being stopped.











When we saw this formation we knew that we were not far from Bryce Canyon National Park.



The PUPS, Evin and I made it to Bryce Canyon. Stay turned for lots of photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment