Saturday, January 4, 2014

Stepping back into the past while going forward...

As I walked up to the Stanley Theatre "who is now showing
Antiques & Collectibles." I wondered if it was open...

 
 
...it was open and I as I went through the doors there to greet me was...

 
...James Dean.
"Rebel Without a Cause" is one of my favorite movies. Next I was greeted by...
 
 
 
Curly, Moe and Larry looking for a fourth for a foursome.
 
I meet Ginger and Bubba and they welcomed me and my camera!!
 
 
 
I am now about to step back into time. For there are many items on display that take me back to my childhood...
 
 
I encountered "James Brown" and immediately thought of his song, "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag". This was where I got the idea for the title of the previous post.
 
 







I had a tricycle just like the one above.
 


 
Of course, I couldn't walk by a flower without taking a shot.
 








My grandmother Conrad kept Camels in business. Lived to be 94.


 
My mother loved Shirley Temple.













The poster from one of my favorite movies of all time.
 



My grandmother Miller had a set of glasses like these.




"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!"













My first beer was a Schlitz - "the beer that made Milwaukee famous."


I gave my grandmother Miller a candy jar just like this one. Bought on my senior trip to Washington, DC and New York City.




















 
My grandfather Miller had a kerosene can just like this one.







Grandmother Miller had a decorative frying pan just like this one.
 
 

















 I owned all three of these books and the Wood Woodpecker pool table set game seen below...



 
One of my favorite books as a young child.
 

 


I always enjoyed seeing "Nipper" on the RCA commercials.
 
 

I arrived in Luling a little after two and left after dark. My visit took the recent changes off my mind for just a bit. As I walk back to the "Bus" and the PUPS, I think of the strange course of events. It was meant to be that I made Jimmy and Sue. Ginger knows them.

Check the next post and see what is just down the street...

No comments:

Post a Comment