Wednesday, July 11, 2012

On the Way to Mesa Verde National Park

By chance or fate the PUPS got on a PATH to Mesa Verde National Park. To be honest, although I had heard of Mesa Verde, I did not know it was a national park. I did not know what to expect. I am so glad that I let my instincts rule and head to Cortez, Colorado. Chaco Canyon Cultural Center was just a warm up for what was in store for us.


We had heard of all the fires in the area....


....soon we saw evidence of the fire in June. See how close it came to these two homes.

But, first I stopped several time on the side of the road for the following photos....


 




Just a weed alongside the highway....


So far, on the highway between Durango and Cortez....



Tiny morning glories on the PATH the PUPS take to do their business...


Mesa Verde RV Resort with the mesa in the background. What a pose by the PUPS!!!

Next, Mesa Verde National Park. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Photos!!

    Shame about the wildfires:o((

    Safe Travels and Happy Trails.....

    ReplyDelete