Saturday, October 29, 2011

DRV Elite Suite -- Our new home!!

Last time on the road the PUPS, Evin and I traveled down many PATHS in a DRV Mobile Suite. This time out we decided on the Elite Suite because it has a higher ceiling in the rear of the unit. Since we are going to living in full-time, we (or should I say, "I!") decided because of my 6' 3" height I would be more comfortable with higher ceilings and slide outs. We bought the same floor plan, 38RESB3 or (R)ear (E)ntertainment (S)ide (B)ath with three (3) slides. Last time we had four slides but just couldn't justify the cost of the fourth slide this time. In the 2012 models DRV came out with a new "walk-in" closet which we really like. If I am careful I can stand inside the closet. Evin has no problem.

Well, we didn't have to wait till Thursday. We spent Monday night at the local Super 8, which we didn't like because of their $10 per pet policy. The PUPS are the main reason we decided to RV full-time. Evin and I both like to travel and not taking the PUPS was not an option for us. The second night in Howe, Indiana DRV put us up in the Holiday Inn Express which was just across the street from DRV's headquarters and plant.




Hopefully our last night in a motel for a long time!!!!



DRV was just across the street. Across the street is where our new home was made.


Waiting to be some one's new home.


Evin walking up to see our new home for the first time.


About to enter for the first time, the waiting is over!!!!



Ryan checking off items on the "walk through"!!!!


Our NEW HOME!!!!


It was now time for "Fly" to bring our baby out into the light of day!!






"Doctor Fly" delivers another DRV "baby" to its proud parents!!!!

Remember my saying how well June packed the truck.



I wasn't kidding. Don't think I could have gotten a sheet of typing paper into the truck bed.



We moved into our new home on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 around 9:30 AM. Of course, I had to cook one of my "famous" omelets!!!!





Hooked up to Doodle's new ride and ready to be "ON THE ROAD AGAIN!!!!" Well, almost...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! It is beautiful!!!

    We wish you all the best and a wonderful journey to wherever you want to go;o))

    Can't wait to see all the places you visit and hope to get out there too real soon:o))

    Safe Travels and Happy Trails...

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!!!! A very nice looking rig - you guys must be so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! Your new home looks great. Dianne and I are so happy for the two (five) of you. Can't wait to read about your travels.

    ReplyDelete